Motorola have finally announced that Droid X2 is offically due for release. Yes that’s right, note your diary the date 26th May for in-store launch.
The Droid X2 boast an impressive 4.3-inch display smartphone with a qHD screen resolution and a dual-core 1GHz processor, 8 megapixel camera with autofocus and 720p and 1080 HD video recording. USB and HDMI connections ( similar to the Atrix ) The Driod X2 will cost standard $200 on contract and will be available for pre order or purchase from tomorrow (May 19th), before orders been shipped on May 26th.
DROID X2 BY MOTOROLA COMING TO VERIZON WIRELESS WITH DOUBLE THE POWER, DOUBLE THE DOES
Fast and Powerful DROID X2 by Motorola With Broad Range Of New Features To Be Available Online Beginning May 19
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), today announced the second-generation DROID X2 by Motorola, designed for the consumer who does everything on their smartphone.
Fly through the Web with the DROID X2, which boasts Verizon Wireless’ first dual-core 1 GHz processor for fast webpage loading and Adobe® Flash® Player, allowing Verizon Wireless customers to experience rich content online. The 4.3-inch scratch-resistant and anti-reflective qHD display delivers a sharp, clear view ideal for watching movies, typing emails and playing your favorite games. Never miss a moment using the 8-megapixel camera with continuous autofocus and stunning HD video capture. Use the new Gallery app to view, tag and post photos on sites like Flickr® and Facebook®, all from one place.
· Powered by Android 2.2, to be updated to Android 2.3
· Mirror Mode allows you to view and share your photos, videos and downloaded movies on a larger TV via HDMI output
· Enterprise-ready with security and IT-grade policies, allowing you to use your DROID X2 for work and play
· Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
· Mobile Hotspot capability, allowing you to share your 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
· Virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring SWYPE technology for quick and easy typing of messages and emails
Pricing and availability:
· The DROID X2 will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 19 and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on May 26 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· DROID X2 customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access and an unlimited smartphone data plan is $29.99 for monthly access.